Monday, May 21, 2012

Unanswered prayers

Went on my almost three weekly grocery shopping and whilst at the shop an incident made me think of Garth brooks and his song unanswered prayers. classic song. love it.

[Chorus]
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

Anyway whilst at the checkout i looked across about three checkout counters from me. there stood a hot couple. the guy looked as hot a younger version of myself before i turned old, grey and ugly. and his girl friend; also very hot. i began to think about the prayers and wishes i sent upstairs for consideration that have yet to be actioned. Life's a bitch right! After we all settled our bill mine came to €25.08 i think. i remember the 8cents cos i tried to make the checkout lady take all the shrapnel i had in my pocket. she still went for the big one. They really hate the 1, 2, and 5 cents here. dont know they still use it. I digress! back to my hot couple. i then ran into them at the self packing section of the supermarket where i heard her having a right go at him. "...blah blah every morning. it pisses me off etc." I quickly packed up my stuff, tried hard to ignore what was going on as i turned my back to the very quiet bloke.
Poor guy, i thought to myself later. Seconds after, Thank goodness i am single flooded my thought. The lord, if he is listening, or if there is any such person upstairs that answers prayers. i am very happy just the way i am at the moment. I so cannot be dealing with such brain ripping engagements.


No comments:

Post a Comment