Thursday, May 24, 2012

twisted spine

Being getting a seriously annoying pain to the right side of my lower back for months. It just doesn't want to abate even though i have rested it for like forever; 8months now if i am very honest with myself. So today i decided to pop to the doctors. Sat patiently in the waiting room for an hour and a half before i was seen by a fantastic doc; he was Kool calm and straight shooting. My kinda guy. I gave him all my health history and the letter my last doctors had written. he immediately sent me into the xray room.



we both looked at the photos while he explained my twisted spine to me. OMG i thought to my self. The first thought that ran through my mind was thank goodness my discs are okay. i was so scared the pain was as a result of me rupturing my spinal disc. I so do not want yet another artificial metal in my spine. second thought was; i am an idiot. Just like my neck i think i know when i did this and/or injured my self. i remember doing a twisted hanging ab exercise. can also be called a Pendulum swing. see photo below.



  I stopped only cos i felt i may have twisted something. I had suspected this was how i created my current injury but can't be 100% sure it was. now i am absolutely sure it is not my disc. i just need to find out how i can stop the pain. the doc told me to take pain killers. but i'll be looking for something better than drugs. If anyone has any tips please let me have it. many thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment